The department was established in 2005 with the aim of training and graduating scientific cadres specialized in livestock sciences of all kinds. The study includes all animal, poultry, cattle, buffalo, fish and other related sciences,
The duration of the study in the department is four years where the student deals with theoretical lessons and practical observations. The administration of the college has provided scientific laboratories equipped with various equipment and mini-fields for livestock of various kinds so that the student can observe and practice the theoretical information that qualifies him to establish various animal projects such as poultry Cattle, fattening of calves, raising sheep and goats, raising fish and supervising fields and civil projects, and taking students in field trips outside and inside the province to increase the level of field observations and scientific experience of students.
• Organizing scientific symposia and seminars and participating in conferences and scientific seminars by providing research and studies inside and outside the country.
• Work on exchange of experiences, visits, study programs and scientific staff of the department within and outside the country whenever possible joint research with the colleges of agriculture and other centers and research and scientific institutions.
• Developing curricula and curricula and linking theory with scientific application by implementing research projects for students and teachers in the fields and facilities of the college and introducing the developed sciences and agricultural knowledge in the curriculum to raise the scientific efficiency of students.
The messageThe mission of the department included the preparation of agricultural engineers competent in the field of livestock sciences (poultry breeding, sheep raising, goats and cows) and urged them to use modern methods.
• Prepare students to be qualified engineers qualified to carry out small productive projects themselves.
• Provide students with scientific knowledge and scientific skills that contribute to the development of the sector.
• Wealth science and collaborating with the doctors of the ducks in the fight against meat and corrupt products.
• Preparing researches and studies related to the development of fields (poultry and sheep).
The certificates granted by the department:
• B.Sc. degree in Animal Science.
• Master's degree in Animal Science