· A Brief Introduction About the Department:
The establishment of the Political Science Department is traced back to the 2012, it is the another department of the College after Law Department under the administration of Kirkuk University. The value of Political Science Department is manifested in the studies and research that are carried out by the Department in political science in order to find out solutions for the crises and problems faced by society and the State. This might be achieved by elaborating the political notions and teaching them, maintaining the basic human rights and public freedoms and consolidating the society’s participation in State’s governance through democratic ways, which is represented in fair elections especially after the change of dictatorial regime in Iraq in 2003.
· The Academic Vision of the Political Science Department:
Teaching and consolidating the principles and knowledge of political sciences; their basics, future, philosophy, theories, application and research.
· The Political Science Department’s Message:
Reinforcement of the political culture and qualifying specialised professionals that are able to sort out the society’s problems.
· Aims & Objectives of Political Science Department:
The contribution in developing the community through the cooperation with the Federal Government and Local Authorities by carrying out applied research and offering the consultation to them.
- Production of qualified specialists to do more deep political research who are able to perform more advanced academic research and investigate the scientific truth in the field of political thinking, political regimes, international relations and international politics.
- Providing the public institutions and international bodies with specialists in political science especially the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Higher Education, and national, regional, and international organisations.
- Developing the skills of those people who are interested in human rights, public freedoms and democracy because they are the foundation of every society.
- Encouraging the scientific research in the fields of political studies to support the State and society to overcome the difficult periods.
- Strengthening the cooperation bridges between the College and governmental ministers, institutions, non-governmental organisations, and regional and international organisations.