· A Brief Introduction About the Department:
Law Department is considered to be the Backbone of the College of Law and Political Science because of its significant importance for the College, as it carries the responsibility of regulating the affairs of our students and academic staff, and determining the syllabuses of the Law Degree requirements at the College, all thesis matters are deemed to be the cornerstone of Higher Education.
· The Academic Vision of the Law Department:
Law Department endeavours to reach the level of its counterparts in other law departments at most respectful universities in the world by working very hard to improve the status of Higher Education’s trinity in Iraq; (Students, Academic Staff and Syllabuses).
· Aims & Objectives of Law Department:
Improving the scientific-quality level of our students through drawing up a detailed plan for each academic year about reconsidering the admission requirements and the number of offered places for studying at the College.
- Offering a support for our student to identify the problems and difficulties that they might encounter during the study at the College, especially student housing problems.
- Assuring the importance of improving the scientific- performance level of our academic staff through following up the progression of research activity plan for each academic staff member, monitoring the status of accredited syllabuses in lectures and supervising the planned activities of our academic staff pursuant to the Regulations of Universities Service (RUS).
- Keeping a pace with the recent developments in the Higher Education and Scientific Research by holding various conferences and workshops and hosting specialists of deferent aspects of law such as judges, lawyers, legal consultants.
- Signing scientific cooperation agreements with other universities and institutions, both nationally and internationally, such as the exchange of academic staff to deliver lectures and presentations in different topics in Law.
· Law Department’s Message for Community Service:
Holding workshops about topics that are considered to be the status quo of the community, and hosting specialist in order to make things clear to the people and urge them to obey the law in different aspects.
- Drawing the people’s attention to the importance of law in the society and emphasizing the leading role of the university in achieving this goal by holding workshop and inviting specialists in Religion, Politics, Education.
- The academic staff’s participation in conferences, workshops and training programs held by other governmental institutions, police departments and non-governmental organisations.
- Running a number of training programs in legal and administrative aspects for public employees in different institutions, (4-5) training programs per a year.
- Offering legal consultation for public, governmental institutions, and private sector through the consultation office (legal clinic) after granting the official permissions.
· Degrees Offered by Law Department:
Bachelor in Law.
- L.M in Public Law.
- L.M in Private Law.
- D. in Public Law.